Monday, February 11, 2013

What were your dreams when you were young?



Dear David,
As the old Peggy Lee song goes, "Is This All There Is?" Here I am: approaching forty, a good job, an nice lover/boyfriend, hanging onto my looks...and then what? Please, I need answers!
~Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

Dear B. B. and B.,
When I worked in advertising people wandered into my office and said, "I'm bored," and I replied: "You're not bored. You're boring." To not find life interesting is your fault. You set too low goals and now you've got 'em. I think when gay people copy straight people and aim only for a nice middle-class life, they shouldn't be surprised at what they get. All those nice heterosexual couples in Grand Rapids and elsewhere are bored, too. And boring!

Do you speak a second language? Why not? You'll meet some very interesting people. Did you ever study dance? Why not? Did you ever what to live in another country? What were your dreams when you were young? You must not forget the dream. That is the most important thing in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment