Monday, February 18, 2013

My boyfriend works to make extra money...



(image from the movie Magic Mike)

Dear David,
My boyfriend works to make extra money in a bar where men dance naked…and I mean naked. They are allowed to take it all off, legally. He tells me he doesn't go into the back room with customers for lap dances, but I'm not sure if I believe him. He makes a lot of money in this place…sometimes $1,000 on weekend nights. I think all of this is a bad idea - what do you think?
~Per Plexed

Dear Per Plexed,
What this is basically is whoring. I think this is entirely up to the person doing it. And I'm not sure how different this is from one person staying with another person for the money involved, call it what you like.

However, I do think promiscuity of any kind deadens your intimate one on one relationships. So, I think you're right. It is a threat to your partnership with him. I think I would discuss this with him. Avarice is one of the seven deadly sins, you know. A love of money can be very obsessive and wreck a lot of other connections in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment