Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rejecting the label "gay"



Dear Know-it-all-David, 
Do you think really fat people just can't help it or is there more to it than that? 
~Wanda-ering 

Dear Wanda,
I just read a magazine interview with the Vogue editor Andre Leon Talley, who was once very sexily trim and now has ballooned to something near 400 pounds, always draped in couture kimonos the size of circus tent. In his interview he says he rejects the label "gay" but also he says he has "had very gay experiences". He was brought up by a strict and religious grandmother and my take is that he has guilt. I think many overweight people bury their sexual organs beneath fat so they can barely find them and no one else can either. I think it is a sexy barrier, all that fat. However, it is their right to do so. Tally is quoted as saying, "I can create this magic, so why don't I have a lover?" My response is, "You don't really want one, and how could he find you under all those kimonos and that tonnage?"

No comments:

Post a Comment