Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mom problems...


Dear David,
My parents are visiting and I find myself more and more having confrontational a refinements with my mother, who is always criticizing me and my life. She is a very confrontational person and I don't know how to deal with her.
~Man with a mom

Dear man with a mom,
One thing I've learned is that anger and agressiveness is always triggered by fear. If you are not afraid you don't get angry. Your mother is probably very fearful. She may be afraid that you won't be there for her later in her life. All you can do is reassure her they you care for her. And her trying to pick fights? Just change the subject. Buy her little presents. Talk to her about clothes. You
Can do that. Remember, when she's bossy she's afraid of something. It will help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment