Thursday, November 3, 2011

Black Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend

Here we are on Fashion Day. Because I live in Miami Beach and flee to Uruguay during the brief weeks we call winter here I am never over the cold. So my advice tends to be about looking good more than keeping warm. But I think that’s a good goal, don’t you?

Anyway, here’s a couple of looks for you. I think you can wear a light colored suit in coldish weather. And I think wearing it over a T-shirt and with a scarf makes sense. I am not very pro-scarf, but filling in your neckline and keeping a bit warmer makes sense. This is a very good look. You do not have to take the mattress with you, although it might come in handy.


Also the longish shorts and striped T-shirt with a leather jacket and bag looks good. I am very opposed to leather jackets as I think people automatically assume you are into S&M. But here it works. Maybe because yachting and sadomasochism do NOT go together very much.


For the ladies: Turquoise. I think a big bulky sweater, coordinated color skirt that covers you up fairly well and sensible boots makes for a really excellent winter look. But the color needs to be dramatic. A big coat over it and you’re set. Just sexy enough.


Onto women’s jewelry: David Yurman, the New Tiffany, has a black diamond leopard bracelet very much like the one Cartier does. Gorgeous and expensive. Designed by Fawaz Gruosi and the jeweler is De Grisogno. This is all way out there stuff, but we can dream can’t we?

And everyone must have the new Slap-On watch in every color imaginable. I’m getting them here Miami Beach and showering them upon everyone I know. If you want one let me know.




Here's just one little picture extra from Sao Paulo, Brazil, from whence I have just come. Yes, the men do look like this there. Kiss me, you fool!

No comments:

Post a Comment