Monday, July 2, 2012

Do you pay much attention to the news?




Dear David,Do you pay much attention to the news? My friends seem to be so absorbed in their job, their mother, their boyfriend (missing or present) that they don't even know where Afghanistan is, let alone the difference between Iraq and Iran. Not to mention Egypt. Do you pay attention to what goes on in the world?~The Observer

Dear Observer,Congratulations, my friend. I do feel that some gay men have a level of world awareness about the same as high school cheerleaders. If their world should suddenly take a big nosedive they would be taken completely by surprise. Fortunately for them, I think the world is heading towards much more awareness. The big rift between younger and the older is very international and all the unrest in Islamic countries is largely younger people knowing what is going on in the rest of the world and the controlling authorities not wanting to let go. Which is exactly what is happening in our own country. Darling, I don't know what you can do to wake up your friends to the world they are in. I guess just keep aware yourself so you can answer their questions should they ever come up. Lots of gay men are like married women from the last century. Why I really do not know...

No comments:

Post a Comment