Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Handsomest Man in the World ~ Why it's ME!


Guess who is Handsomest Man in the World this week? It’s ME my darlings. I have new publicity stills from the magical David Vance. The gray jacket is a couture item from Paree. Don’t hate me.
___________________________________

Dear David,
I have just taken a new job and suddenly I don’t feel my usual confident self. Any suggestions on how to keep up a brave front?
~A Little Down

Dear Little Down,
Up, my dear, up! You know that I always say that when we awake in the dark we are always seventeen. Full of self-doubts. You just haven’t been there long enough to show those folks how capable you are and yet so calm and funny and human at the same time. I also say, “The trick is not caring.” You’re just in a new job. Keep your emotions for your private life. Do not worry about what they will think of you. Concern yourself that you are really doing a good job. And as long as you are doing your best you can think well of yourself. When I worked for Revlon I used to say, “We brought them caviar and they just wanted peanut butter. So we’ll just give them peanut butter.” Do a really good job and then you can take it down a notch for those uncomprehending bosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment