Thursday, April 28, 2011

Why Did God Invent Sailors?

I had a call this morning from one of my lady blog followers. I have quite a few. She wanted to know, "Whey did God invent sailors?" This answer is for my great pal, Mary K. You will hear more from her.

Answer:
God invented sailors so there are some men who aren't getting enough sex and are broad-minded about whom they are having sex with.

There is an old English saying, "All cats are gray in the dark." I think a sailor must have said it first.

And Mary, you are living in a port city. How lucky we are.

I'm including this photograph which I found in an Italian fashion magazine. If you were wondering what "sexy" was, this is it:


I also have a comment from a blog follower that I do not have enough gossip. Being blond, I have always felt gossip was more of a brunette specialty. But I am surprised from time to time when I find people who don't seem to know what has gone on in the background of lots of popular entertainers' pasts. I will try to dig in memory and see if I can surprise you.


(Brad Pitt photo via popstarsplus.com)
For instance, Brad Pitt. He lived in Amsterdam for a while before going to Hollywood. That is not a town famous for heterosexuality.

Barry Diller & Diane von Furstenberg photo via wwd.com)
(Barry Diller, big TV honcho and famous for all-male parties in Hollywood, married the designer Dian von Furstenberg and the press now handles them as a real married couple. Everyone seems very timid about discussing this bizarre coupling.


Why does no one even discuss some of these weird marriages like Matt Damon married to a script girl, Matthew McConaghy married to a model and George Clooney with a seemingly endless series of girlfriends who live vaguely in Las Vegas. This is exactly the same stuff as when Rock Hudson got married (she was a script girl) years ago because the studio demanded it. What I think is even more interesting is how the press never goes near any of this. Or am I just not reading in the right places?

No comments:

Post a Comment