Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We Are Becoming A Nation of Kids

Singer Christina Aguilera

Dear Dishy David,
Am I the only one or do all the current crop of movie stars resemble each other? The men are all young and humorous. The women all have round, identical faces. Am I wrong?
~The Movie Critic

Dear Movie Critic,
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was just going to bring this up. I can't tell anyone apart. Just as I was thinking all the women are named Emma or should be, a magazine noted this. And the men are all brunette and boyish. What does this mean?


I think it means we are no longer styling ourselves on movie stars. We used to have the choice between Betty Davis and Joan Crawford. Oh, so terribly different. No longer. A movie star who looks like she's 25 is out of the question. Not women, but girls. And don't give me Meryl Streep. That is a character actress posing as a leading lady.

Actress Olivia Wilde

And men used to be hot when they were leading men. Now they look like they're doing you a favor, not needing you physically. You know. We don't want to be like them. The movies have become one great big high school musical, are getting dirtier and dirtier to make-up for it. Just like people who use bad words. They say it but they are afraid of doing it.






I think maybe the movies are over except for very young people. Television is much more adult.

I already talked about this. Those big 3-D extravaganzas are for kids. Perhaps we are becoming a nation of kids. That does not bode well for us...


No comments:

Post a Comment